Select

UNREFINED PALETTE AND UNCENSORED MOUTH

Monday, June 6, 2011

Update on Life and GoGo Squeez Review


You may have noticed I will try pretty much anything marketed for a small child. This is because kid-related food and candies are just unbelievably rad: Hello Kitty waffles, sour belts, gummy Skittles, bear-sized jawbreakers, McDonald's fat nuggets, BK chicken fries, et cetera. All way cooler than adult food. I just don't think this is fair. Why do kids get the fun and nutrient-free food while we adults have to choke down spinach salad topped with soggy cheese and eggs?

What's that you say?

Health reasons? 

Eh, heath issues. I will never stop consuming kiddie food. I do not discriminate based on nutrition. Bring on the lower-back fat and heart attack producing foodstuffs!!

So my point: Something about the combination of sucking applesauce through a straw sounds kid-centric and disgustingly delicious. So, of course, I had to check this sout, y'all. For those of you who don't know what the GoGo squeez applesauce is, you are, in fact, missing out on the ultimate in applesauce convenience.

Packaging: I love the tiny banana bag-ish packaging. You don't even need a spoon! I'm over the moon about this because I am lazy. I even pick through the dirty dishwasher to find a dish to use. I'M BEING GREEN!!!  

The package writing is deep chromatic and white printed on a surface of light green. The sauce is encased in a kid friendly wrapper but it is not the licking a lollipop, kicking a soccer ball, wearing a beanie with a propeller annoying-type sheath. More sophisticated.
Above the logo are cartoon apples, who are simply adorable and look like apple shaped kiwi birds with long and wiry flamingo legs, discussing the smart facts about the product.

On taste: This stuff is really good but I would definitely recommend refrigerating before consumption. Slurping it hot leaves a salty and bitter aftertaste. However, if you place it in the refrigerator until the bag gets a cold palpability, the taste is pleasure. Strong apple-applesauce flavor with hints of concentrate and juice. The texture has a grainy Mott's quality and NOT the organic glue-in-your-intestines type. (I feel like any organic brand applesauce has the ability to hodge-podge your entire colon.)

So, the mogul who invented this product is a true genius. The whole squeezable applesauce idea is  awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment